My services are based on the mother's need after a thorough assessment and may include:
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Support Groups
- Educational Workshops
- Community Referrals
Mom Guilt & Shame
Are you constantly comparing yourself to other moms, doubting, questioning your own mothering skills based on social media? Are you feeling ashamed because you are doing things differently based on family and cultural expectations?
- Learn how to work through the guilt/ shame of "not being a good mom."
- Identify triggers, false and realistic expectations of motherhood.
- Explore social and cultural expectations and what role they play in your journey.
Self care is available to all moms and it comes in many forms. Self care is the nurturing and caring of your mind, body and soul so you can care for everyone else.
- Learn the many ways of self care.
- Make a self-care plan.
- Learn how to implement your self-care plan into your busy schedule.
Balancing Life and Work
Balancing all roles in your life can be challenging. It can cause extreme burnout and lead to feelings of resentment/guilt of not giving enough or your best in either area.
- Make realistic and achievable goals to create a healthy balance that works for you.
- Learn strategies to better help you with time management.
- Learn to create a schedule that fits yours and your families needs.
Anxiety and Depression
Anxiety and/or depression can be crippling and debilitating. The constant worrying, fears, feeling isolated from others and that you are alone can make motherhood more challenging.
- Learn and identify what are your triggers and how to manage them.
- Learn about different treatment options and what is the right help for you.
- Learn what are "normal" feelings of worry/sadness and what becomes excessive.
Being a single mother can make the journey even more challenging, feeling like there is less time for self-care and double the work due to no partner to lean on for support.
- Learn to compartmentalize to make time for yourself.
- Learn how to reach out and create a network of support.
- Get connected with organizational and other resources for help.
Sometimes being a mother shifts the relationships you have with those around you. Spouse, family, or friends do not know how to provide support and you don't know how to connect with them like before.
- Learn why changes in relationships occur after having a baby.
- Learn how to communicate your feelings and needs with those around you.
- Learn to identify "new relationships" and how to cope with them.